Depth Logistics is a world leader and highly innovative in shipping static cargo efficiently via Rolltrailers which are also known as MAFI trailers. We actually prefer this shipment method rather than containerisation or shipment via conventional tweendecker vessels. Costs overall are often cheaper for many types of cargo.
We routinely ship mining equipment, construction equipment, agricultural equipment, locomotives, boats, industrial plants, machinery and energy generation equipment via Rolltrailers.
Rolltrailers are towed on and off RoRo vessels by specialised tractors, are stowed below deck and therefore well protected from the weather at sea.
The key benefits of Rolltrailers include:
MAFI’s or Rolltrailers are part of the ship’s equipment on modern roll on roll off vessels. They come in varying lengths, widths and weight capacities. They range in length from 12m to 24.4m and carry cargo weighing up to 160t. They can even be combined into a single module to transport very long or even heavier cargo than can otherwise be handled on a single Rolltrailer. Please contact us to discuss whether any of your cargo can be converted to Rolltrailer cargo as it is the most efficient way to transport any type of heavy or out of gauge cargo.
We are happy to provide you with comparative pricing and collaborate on the most efficient way to transport your cargo and explore whether it is feasible to convert to RoRo.
Rolltrailer length: 6.10 m
Rolltrailer width: 2.50 m
Rolltrailer height: 0.60 m
Max. cargo weight: 25 t
Rolltrailer length: 9.20 m
Rolltrailer width: 2.80 m
Rolltrailer height: 0.90 m
Max. cargo weight: 160 t
Rolltrailer length: 9.80 m
Rolltrailer width: 2.80 m
Rolltrailer height: 0.47 m
Max. cargo weight: 75 t
Rolltrailer length: 12.20 m
Rolltrailer width: 2.60 m
Rolltrailer height: 0.70 - 0.80 m (100 t) 0.84 m (120 t) Max. cargo weight: 100 t and 120 t
For wider cargo, we can use a Double-wide rolltrailer concept where two 40’ rolltrailers are placed side by side, and joined together by a coupling system
Rolltrailer length: 18.90 m
Rolltrailer width: 2.85 m
Rolltrailer height: 1.05 m Max. cargo weight: 140 t
* With rails
Rolltrailer length: 18.90 m - 22.00 m - 24.40 m
Rolltrailer width: 2.55 m - 2.80 m
Rolltrailer height: 0.85 m - 0.86m
Max. cargo weight: 90 t- 100 t
* Available with rails (1435 mm and 1067 mm gauge)
Crated cargo <10t
(1) Cargo inside a crate/box must be adequately secured to prevent any movement during cargo operation and sea transportation (see fig 1).
(2) Strong and solid crate, allowing lashings to be applied as top over lashings (see fig 1). Subject to the size and shape of the crate if this securing method can be used.
Additional requirements for crated >10t
(3) Direct access to lashing points on the goods, allowing sufficient securing (See fig 2).
(4) Cargo with no direct access must be properly fixed to outer steel beams with external lashing points (See fig 3). Subject to the approval of the carrier.
(5) A Cargo stowage and Securing Declaration may be required.
Should additional lashing and securing of cargo on MAFI Trailers be required this will be for the shippers account unless otherwise agreed.
Unstable cargoes, such as tall and narrow units should be presented lying down. If this is not possible then Depth RoRo must be made aware at the time of quoting and booking.
Marking, labelling & design of crates
To ensure that the cargo complies with international standards and regulations it is important that the cargo is labelled. Labels and marks must be waterproof and secured in a manner that they cannot be blown off. All information on the cargo is important to ensure safe transportation.
(1) lashing, sling, and lifting points cleared marked on cargo greater than 1t
(2) Inspection hatches in crates
(3) Port of load, port of destination
(4) Length, width, height and weight on each breakbulk piece
(5) Center of gravity on all four sides of cargo greater than 1t
(6) Safe stacking loads/layer on cargo greater than 1t
(7) Marking if fragile; keep dry; or side up, if applicable
(8) Marking “No forklift” if not able to be lifted with forklift
(9) Marking of ISPM treatment, if applicable
Any Other relevant handling/securing information.